(De Nederlandse versie van deze post kun je hier vinden!)
Honestly I have no idea who created this tag, but apparently there once was someone who made up 42 (not even 40!) questions about beauty haha! I believe it’s a pretty old tag, but not too long ago I saw Vera and Iris do it. And today I’m doing it! Don’t hesitate to do the tag too, and let me know if you do because I want to read yours too of course! :)
1. How many times a day do you wash your face?
Twice. In the mornings I use warm water or a cleansing liquid, and in the evenings I use a cleansing balm to remove my makeup.
2. What’s your skin type?
My skin is dry. So dry that in some places it’ll start to peel a bit if I don’t moisturise enough. My skin’s also quite sensitive.
3. Which face wash do you use at the moment?
Honestly I don’t really like to use face washes, because they usually foam up a bit which dries out my skin even more. When I want to wash my face with something I use the It’s Skin Skin Solution Cleansing Liquid.
4. Do you scrub your face?
Yes, every other day. When you have a lot of dry patches / dead skin cells on your face you need to get rid of them somehow… By scrubbing! ;)
5. Which brand of scrub do you use?
The aloe scrub cream by The Body Shop. And recently I’ve been trying out the The Face Shop Blemish Zero Exfoliating Toner.
6. Which day cream do you use?
Celestial by Lush.
7. Do you have freckles?
8. Do you use an eye cream?
Yes. Right now I’m trying out the It’s Skin Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Eye Cream.
9. Do you have, or have you had, acne prone skin?
I definitely had during puberty. Now I usually have break outs when my skin doesn’t react well to a certain product, or when it’s that time of the month.
10. Have you ever used Pro Activ?
11. Which foundation do you use?
I don’t use foundation every day, and when I do use it I switch up my foundations. But at the moment my favourite is the Healthy Mix Serum Foundation by Bourjois.
12. And which concealer?
I switch up my concealers too. The ones I usually use are the Stay All Day 16hr Longlasting Concealer by Essence or the HD Pro Concealer by L.A. Girl.
13. Do you know what your undertone is?
Not really to be honest. I personally think cooler colours look better on me than warmer colours, but I don’t have very cool toned / pinkish skin.
14. What’s your opinion on false eyelashes?
If you want to wear them I won’t stop you, but honestly I’m not a fan. They look good on some people, but they make a lot of people (including myself) look a bit drag queen-ish.
15. Did you know that mascara expires after three months?
I know, but I don’t really care haha.
16. Which brand of mascara do you use?
At the moment my favourite is the Get Big! Lashes Volume Boost Waterproof mascara by Essence.
17. Sephora or MAC?
18. Do you have a MAC Pro Card?
No. I’m not a pro anyway!
19. Which tools do you use to apply your makeup?
For my foundation and concealer I use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, and other than that I use a couple of brushes by e.l.f., Jessup, Real Techniques and L.A. Colors.
20. Do you use an eyeshadow base / eye primer?
Yes. My favourite is the Essential Eyelid Primer by e.l.f.
21. And do you prime your face?
I use face primers less and less, because I don’t feel like they really do a lot for me.
22. What’s your favourite eyeshadow (colour or tint)?
I preferably use cooler colours because they look best on me (I think). I’ve also really been liking more pinkish, dusty colours lately.
23. Do you use a liquid eyeliner or a pencil?
Both! Liquid or gel eyeliner for my winged liner, and a pencil to tightline.
24. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with an eye pencil?
Luckily almost never.
25. What’s your opinion on loose eyeshadows?
Nice, but not very practical.
26. Do you use mineral makeup?
I don’t think so, but I’m not 100% sure.
27. What’s your favourite lipstick?
That’s a hard question! *thinks for an hour* Modesty by MAC.. I think.. I don’t know!
28. And lipgloss?
None. Lipgloss isn’t really my thing.
29. What’s your favourite blush?
I can’t choose between Celebrated by Tarte and Spellbound by Makeup Geek.
30. Do you buy makeup on eBay?
Yes, if I know for sure that it’s new/unused. I like to buy brands like for example NYX or Wet N Wild on eBay because it’s usually cheaper than buying it from a Dutch webshop. And there’s a usually a lot more to choose from on eBay.
31. Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes! My favourite low/mid-budget brands are Essence, Rimmel, Catrice, e.l.f., Maybelline, Bourjois and NYX.
32. Do you go to CCOs (Cosmetic Company Outlets)?
No. Do we still have those in the Netherlands anyway?
33. Did you ever consider taking makeup lessons?
Yes, I think that’d be fun! (And it might come in handy!)
34. Are you clumsy when it comes to applying your makeup?
I am, unfortunately. Applying eyeliner is a pain in the ass!
35. Which makeup fail do you dislike most?
Everybody should wear what they want of course, but personally I dislike the overdrawn lip with a passion.
36. Do you prefer colourful makeup, or neutral shades?
Colourful makeup can be awesome (when done well, of course), but on me I prefer more neutral looks, maybe with a bright or dark lip added in.
37. Which celebrity usually has nice looking makeup in your opinion?
Emma Watson, Scarlett Johansson, and (back in the day) Audrey Hepburn.
38. If you could leave the house with one makeup item only, what item would that be?
As in just one on my face? Or am I already wearing a full face of makeup and can I still bring an item? If it’s the first thing: mascara. If it’s the second thing: the lipstick I’m wearing that day, so I can reapply during the day.
39. Do you leave the house without makeup on?
Of course! If I only have to go to the grocery store or something I’m not going to put on makeup first.
40. Do you think you look good, even without makeup?
I think the ‘’even’’ in this question is a bit odd. It already implies that I hate my face without makeup haha. I don’t think I look like a monster without makeup, but I do think that with makeup on I look a lot more awake and fresh.
41. What’s the best makeup brand in your opinion?
I don’t know! I haven’t tried enough products of every makeup brand out there to answer that haha.
42. What’s your opinion on makeup?
No comment. ;)
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE
Haul | New Essence products for spring 2016
My Beauty Backup Stash (Winter 2016)
Review | Essence Waterproof Eyebrow Topcoat
Review | Catrice Eyebrow Filler
Review | MUA Elysium Palette