(De Nederlandse versie van deze post kun je hier vinden!)
Some time ago I saw a blog post named ”Top 10 Products I Need To Try This Year” on the lovely blog Teetharejade. I really liked this idea for a blog post, so in this post I’m showing you the ten beauty products I’d like to try this year.
1. Exfoliating toners (Benton BHA Aloe Toner): I keep seeing exfoliating toners on YouTube and blogs more and more often. They seemed ideal for me because I’ve pretty sensitive skin and most scrubs irritate my skin. Unfortunately most exfoliating toners from ”western” brands are pretty pricey, so I’m looking into South Korean brands at the moment (like Benton).
2. Lush Celestial moisturiser: I’m not very impressed with my current moisturiser, so I’ve been looking for a moisturiser for dry and sensitive skin with as little crappy ingredients (e.g. alcohol, perfume etc.) as possible. Right now I’m torn between Lush Celestial or Skin Drink, so I’m probably going to get some samples soon!
3. The Body Shop Ginger Anti-dandruff Shampoo: I’ve been having such an itchy and dry scalp since the beginning of fall! (Like borderline dandruff.) I’m already using an anti-dandruff shampoo right now, but it hasn’t really been doing anything for my scalp. I’ve read several rave reviews about the The Body Shop anti-dandruff shampoo, so I’m probably going to try it soon.
4. e.l.f. Hydrating Under Eye Primer: ”A special primer for under your eyes? Who’s going to buy that?!” That’s what I thought when I came across it on e.l.f.’s website. But, while reading the product description, I became more and more intrigued. A primer that ”fills in” the lines under your eyes and colour corrects dark circles at the same time? Seems like something I need!
5. Nesura Clear Nose Pack peel off mask: I think the pores on and around my nose are pretty congested. I’m not really a fan of ”normal” masks because I feel like they don’t really do anything, so a peel off mask like this one seemed a better option. With a mask like this you can actually see the crap that comes out of your pores. Gross, and really satisfying haha.
6. theBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes liquid lipsticks: another product I heard/read losts of good things about, and they’re quite affordable – for a liquid lipstick (€15,50, ca. $17,30/£12,00). The colour I’d like to try most is ”Charming”. Apparently it’s a dupe for the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in ”Double Dare”, which I have my eye on.
7. Hydrating face primers (Too Faced HangoveRX Hydrating Face Primer): the primers I’ve been using up till now don’t really seem to help/minimise my dry patches, so I thought it’d be a good idea to try a hydrating primer instead. The more expensive primers that are on my list are the Too Faced HangoveRX Primer and the Hourglass N.28 Primer Serum, but e.l.f. has a hydrating primer as well so maybe I’ll try that one first.
8. Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm: if I have to believe pretty much every beauty blogger and youtuber thi is the best lip balm ever. It’s a pretty thick balm that apparently keeps your lips soft and hydrated for a very long t, even when you forget to apply it regularly.
9. Cleansing balms (It’s Skin Skin Solution Cleansing Gel Balm): another product I think would be ideal for lazy old me, but that’s pretty pricey when it comes to ”western” brands. So for this product I’m also look for a South Korean alternative (like the one from It’s Skin), because how great would it be if you could remove your eye and face makeup and cleanse your face all with the same product?!
10. Sheet masks (Tony Moly I’m Real Avocado Mask Sheet): like I said I’m not a fan of normal masks that you have to apply, then rinse off. Sheet masks seemed like a good alternative, because you only have to put the sheet on your face, let it ”absorb”, then take the sheet off, and (when it comes to Korean sheet masks) massage in the excess like a serum. No rinsing!
What beauty products do you want to try this year?
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE
Review | MUA Elysium Palette